Click here for a photo slideshow tour of our home.
Senior living options
Quality care is provided to 80 elderly Residents (60+ years old) who are without financial means, family or social support. Many seniors come to Queen of Peace as independent Residents residing in subsidized apartments on the 4th and 5th floors. As their skills decline and they require more assistance, they can move to a floor where an appropriate level of skilled nursing care is provided.The continuum of services permits a sense of security throughout life. Once a senior Resident comes to Queen of Peace, they have a home for the remainder of their years.
Living options include:
- Apartment living is available to the needy elderly who are still able to live independently. Rent is based on one’s income and assets.
- Skilled nursing care is offered for those Residents who require care and assistance with daily needs.
For more information about admissions contact Roberta Damen at email@example.com or by calling 718.464.1800 ext 2528.
Caring for the whole person:
The Little Sisters of the Poor provide an array of services to each Resident in an effort to meet their individual physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs.
- Medical and nursing services – the Residents’ medical needs are cared for throughout the day by attentive nursing staff. A medical wing is well-equipped for Residents to receive general medical, and eye and dental care by certified doctors at the home.
- Pastoral services – the Resident staff chaplain offers daily Mass, bible study, seasonal retreat days, and provides pastoral counseling to Residents as requested. Weekly choir practice is held for Residents who wish to sing for the Sunday Mass, as well as training for Residents to become a Eucharistic minister or lector. Daily communion is brought to Catholic Residents who are unable to attend Mass.
- Social services – regular meetings are held with each Resident and their family members or appointed representative to allow them to express their needs and wishes. Opportunities are provided for Residents to gather and socialize with their families.
- Activity programs – the activities program includes a host of daily activities such as cards, bingo, trivia, bowling, movie time, movement/exercise activities, as well as seasonal parties and celebrations. An active craft department gives Residents the chance to participate in ceramics, sewing, knitting, crocheting, and other crafts. In addition, Residents have the opportunity to enjoy outings and parties outside of the Home. A weekly shopping trip is also provided to Residents.
- Beauty and barber shop services – open one day a week, the home has a beauty/barber shop for Residents.
Physical & occupational therapy – a therapist is available at the Home to work with Residents. The home has a well-equipped physical therapy room.